This year, we were honored when the Great Lakes Graphics Association announced that eDOC Communications was a multiple award winner at the 2016 Graphics Excellence Awards, one of the largest printing competitions in the nation.
The “Ambition” Winter Edition of Field Notes was honored with the highest award, Best of Category. These sets of booklets were unique in that the “Field Notes” logo on each booklet was embossed, saddle stitched with gold staples, and had gold gilding applied along the edges of each individual page, resulting in a beautifully finished piece.
eDOC Communications was also the recipient of 3 Award of Excellence awards, which were:
- “The Scoop” Magazine: Color corrected and retouched by our own Prepress Manager, this magazine’s stunning imagery of food is boosted from delicious to mouth-watering. This six-color magazine was printed by our Offset Manufacturing Department on our Heidelberg XL105 press with a satin aqueous coating and included a blue foil stamp as the final touch.
- Porsche Experience Mailer: The Porsche Experience Mailer was produced using soft touch coating with spot gloss UV and special embossing of the Porsche Logo, adding dimension and texture to the images.
- Thomas Kinkade’s Christmas of Light: This 48-page perfect bound book was printed via our Offset presses using soft touch coating, displaying the rich colors of Thomas Kinkade’s artwork. The front cover includes die cutting and spot gloss UV, creating a picturesque setting. The book contains pockets in both the front and back covers to store additional items, including a CD.
An additional two entries received a Certificate of Merit:
- 70 West Madison Mailer: With an added spot strike through dull varnish and overall gloss aqueous, the stunning artwork is both elegant and bold.
- Peyton Manning Art Print: In order to display the full gorgeous effect of this fine art hand painted lithograph of Peyton Manning, we printed this art print on gloss cover stock with gloss aqueous coating.
“With the level of competition this year at the 2016 Graphic Excellence Awards, we were very proud of our winners and of what our team accomplished. Our company will continue doing what we do best: producing the best quality printing for our clientele and guaranteeing their utmost satisfaction,” says Tom Meitzler, Executive Vice President of Sales and Marketing.